Welcome to the Winter Night Shelter at The Embankment Club
We provide an evening meal, a bed, breakfast and a place to relax. Guests will need to be pre-registered to be able to stay at the shelter on a first come, first served basis each evening.
8.00pm - 9.00 pm - Shelter opens for admittance 8.00pm - 9.30 pm - Hot food available 10.30pm - 6.45am - Lights out with drinks available throughout the night 6.45am - 7.15am - Breakfast & pack away bedding 7.30am - Doors Closed
- To arrive and leave on time – You may not be allowed in if you are late.
- Pockets and bags will need to be emptied and checked upon entry – Failure to do so will result in no admittance.
- You may be asked to come back later after sobering up before entry.
- Pack bedding away before leaving.
- To be respectful of others
You will be told to leave if your behaviour becomes unsafe or volatile.
If you are not up in time for breakfast before doors close, you may be given a take-away breakfast.
- Smoking only in outside zone and all cigarette ends must be put in the bins provided.
- No alcohol or drugs on the premises (Except prescription drugs – needles must be handed in).
- No abusive language.
- No aggressive or sexual behaviour.
- No theft, attempted theft or damage to others’ belongings, the property or premises.
- No re-entry after leaving the shelter.
Breaking ANY of the rules will result in either:
- A warning
- 1 week ban
- 2 week ban
- Permanent ban
A decision will be made as to which sanction will be given.
If you have any concerns, please speak with a Lead Coordinator who will want to help you.
Important Note: All services are provided by volunteers and are subject to having sufficient volunteer staff available on any given evening. It may not always be possible to provide all (or any) facilities on any given evening. We shall endeavour to keep the Whats On page up to date regarding the services being offered on any given day.
CCTV is in operation on the site.